Paula Cohen, Career Counselor since 1994
Some facts about the current state of the job market:
- Many companies, regardless of industry, are hiring consultants, contractors and project workers, rather than filling staff positions
- Job searches are taking longer
- Competition is fiercer. Professional agility – being able to adjust to changing conditions – is essential to professional success
- “Be prepared” is no longer just the Boy Scout motto
- Starting now, your professional loyalty is to YOU.
THE SEARCH, SIMPLIFIED!
Learn the three critical features that will enhance your confidence, increase your agility, and boost your visibility…
Know your value – past achievement is the single best predictor of future achievement. What do you bring to employers that will enable them to grow their businesses? How do you demonstrate your worth? What words do you use to explain how you’ll help them to succeed?
Find your goal – imagine loving something so much you’d do it for nothing. Now imagine being so good at it that someone will pay you to do it. That’s the sweet spot. What’s yours?
Live your dream – once you’ve found your goal, how do you navigate the job market, network comfortably, and leverage your contacts into professional fulfillment?